Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blog Post #14

In the post Teacher Knows if You’ve Done the E-Reading David Streitfeld talks about using a new type of system teachers can use to evaluate their students work. The students buy their text books electronically, and they read all their material on E-Readers. The system described in this post was called CourseSmart. CourseSmart allows the teacher to see how much time the student is or isn't applying to their work.

As a teacher I think that using CourseSmart would be a great hel. I would like to see which students actually care about their work, and I would like to see who sends the most time and effort into creating quality work. It may be time consuming to evaluate each students work, but I believe it would be well worth it if I could see which students really need hel and which ones are just lazy.

As a student I think that I wouldn't like the idea of using CourseSmart because then my teacher would be able to see exactly how much time I send on my work. I wouldn't be able to lie or get by with half way doing my work. I believe that in the long run it would help me though. It would force me to care about my work and do it the right way. So honestly, as a student CourseSmart would have its u and downs.


Questions I would ask the professor
1. Do you plan to use CourseSmart to create a participation grade
2. Do you like using CourseSmart
3. How has it benefited you're teaching
4. Would you recommend it to new teachers
5. Would you recommend it to teachers who have been teaching from textbooks their whole carreer

Questions I would ask the students
1. Do you like using CourseSmart
2. Have your grades gotten better since using CourseSmart
3. Have your grades gotten worse since using CourseSmart
4. Was using this system hard to learn
5. Has using CourseSmart changed your study habits any

If i had to leave a comment on this ost it would say this.

Thank you for taking the time to tell about CourseSmart. I really enjoyed learning about it. I want to try something like CourseSmart when I teach. I believe that it will benefit my students, and it will help me see what students need help and which students are lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment