Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blog post #8

This Is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2

Richard Miller's video This Is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2 was very interesting. Miller talks about how we can write via multimedia. I think it is a good idea to start teaching children how to do this at a young age. The younger they start learning, the easier it will be to do. Teaching kids to use technology to do their work is the future. As teachers, we have to make sure that our students know how to use the newest tools to help them with their work.

Using multimedia to write is something that I will have to enforce as an English and Literature teacher. The kids will have to write their papers and reports all through multimedia. I believe this will be more helpful than the regular handwritten assignments.

Grading papers through the use of multimedia will be so much easier. Kids can add pictures and links to their assignments. With the assignment being on an electronic device, I can quickly access any links the student has added into their assignment. I believe all schools will be using this method of teaching soon.

Carly's Post

I agree with many things in Blog Post #12 by Carly Pugh. She thinks students should be excited about learning. As teachers we should push students to be the best that they can possibly be. I want to make my students to think differently as well. I want to be the type of teacher that inspires students to do their work at the best of their ability. I want to be an effective teacher. I really want my students to leave my classroom feeling like I actually made a difference in their life.


Learn to Change, Change to Learn

The video Learn to Change, Change to Learn reminded me so much of Dr. Strange's approach to teaching. I do agree with the video. I believe that kids are bored in the classroom because they are not being challenged. I believe if more teachers taught like Dr. Strange, then students would actually learn useful tools that they can use in every day life. I know Dr. Strange has definitely pushed me to be a better student through his self teach method. At first I hated it, but now I understand this method. I think schools will soon change and be more like the schools explained in this video. Thank God! It is past time for our schools systems to change.




Scavenger Hunt 2.0
1. The tool I found for videos is called drop.io. It takes any pictures or media you want and puts them into a drop box. With this tool you can easily save anything that you might want to share with your class quickly and easily. It also saves voice recordings in case you need to make a memo that you may forget.
2. The second tool I found is www.jott.com. This allows you to convert voice into text. If you have a lot to tye or you are in a hurry to make a note of something, this site will quickly allow you to transfer your words into text.
3.

2 comments:

  1. I would not have the foggiest idea what Carly's post was about if I had to depend on your commentary.

    What about the Chipper series?

    Incomplete.

    Unsatisfactory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ciara,
    You started out really well. Don't forget to read the blog assignments carefully so you don't miss any parts. Also, don't forget about putting links in for every video, blog, and website you mention in your post. You have to keep in mind that you have people reading your post who aren't in EDM310. Links and summaries of what our assignment was help them understand what you're blogging about.

    ReplyDelete